Thursday, May 31, 2012

Upcycled Revamped Computer Table


My computer table which I have owned over 20 years really looked its age. I decided to paint and keep it another 20 years. I took white and black paint that I already had and mixed these two colors and got a mauve purple color. I was going for gray but I wasn't sure what colors to mix to get that color, next time I'l try blue and white. I loved the color and the shabby chic , slash vintagy effect it gave the computer cart. After priming the table white and painting the table purple; I let it dry for two days. I sanded the table around the legs, the edges, and the top of the cart to get a worn effect. I loved how the computer table came out, I expected the purple to be sort of a barneyish (as in Barney the Dinosaur) tone but it was more of a grape light color, really shabby chic.










Revamped Computer Table

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this blog post your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

How Inflation is affecting the thrift stores

  It seems that Inflation has hit a 40 year high affecting everything from gas prices, housing, food, and consumer goods.  Inflation s...