Friday, January 19, 2018

How to turn an unused lanai into a third guest bedroom


How to turn an unused lanai into a third guest bedroom.

When creating a third guest bedroom from an idle lanai, you must first decide if room is large enough and will be comfortable.Many vacant lanai's are not climate controlled meaning that they are not insulated so when remaining room is hot in the summer due  to the sun or very cold in the winter due to frigid temperatures.  If it is in the budget  insulation should be added to ceilings and windows to make room more climate friendly.   But if you're like me who doesn't have the budget to add insulation, here are some other steps to take to turn that unfamilar lanai into a third guest room. First weatherstrip all windows by caulking the out side of windows.   Secondly, caulk the baseboards and the outlet to weatherproof room a little.If unaccounted room is large enough assess if the vacant room can serve dual purpose. By making it into a bedroom slash exercise/craft room like i my case.  I added two twin beds a dresser and a nightstand on one side half of room than on other half of room I added a tall cabinet as my craft center and a thread mill for exercise.  I added a screen to separate both spaces.  I added a rolling closet for clothes as well.   I added a space heater and a fan for comfort and now I have a brand new space.    Here are photos









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this blog post your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

How Inflation is affecting the thrift stores

  It seems that Inflation has hit a 40 year high affecting everything from gas prices, housing, food, and consumer goods.  Inflation s...